Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Mmmmmm, Turkey!!!


I woke up in a cold sweat this morning, after dreaming that it was Thanksgiving TODAY, and I didn't have the turkey thawed out, and I wondered what the hell I was going to do because it had to be in the oven in a few hours. Yikes. I was in a panic. I had no clue how I was going to bake a frozen turkey, and I thought my wonderful day was ruined. BUT........thank goodness it was just a dream. So, I am going to do a top seven of what I am thankful for this Thanksgiving, and #1 is that I still have one more day left to thaw my yummy turkey. Here is the rest...

#2 I thank my lucky stars every single day that Danielle has weathered this transition well. Moving to a new house is always tough, especially when she lived in our other home for her whole life. How does a new home compare to an old, familiar, comforting, and favorite old one? We have come to realize that it doesn't, but is a "good" different, as she will always love her "other" home, but she has transitioned perfectly. Much better than we would have ever imagined. Who knew that Danielle was stronger than her mother? Believe me, she is.

#3 I am SOOOOO greatful that I have a wonderful husband that goes to work every single day just to make our lives better. It is actually really humbling to think about how much he does for us every single day. Thank you so much honey, I love you!!!

#4 I thankful for the wonderful view I see every time I look out our windows. Joe made my dreams come true when he bought us this house, and I truly think we will never move again. This is where we want to be.

#5 We are so blessed this year with good health. For the most part, our whole family has been very healthy this year. No major illnesses to speak of. What a wonderful gift!!

#6 I am greatful for our family. Though I wish some of us could get together more often, we truly are lucky to live in an area where most of us live no more than an hour apart, and we can see each other pretty regularly. I really do wish for more of a close-ness with certain members of our family, and hopefully we can all turn a new leaf as the new year approaches, but for the most part we are on the right track.

#7 I thank God every day that we are lucky enough to be living in a warm home, driving reliable cars and eating food that is plentiful. As the economy is falling, we are more aware of the number of families that don't have these "luxuries". This year we will continue our tradition of giving to local charities in need.

Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving to all of you, I hope you will be with your family tomorrow, and after dinner you will be miserably full. Like me.

0 Yorum var: