Friday, December 05, 2008

My 10 year old.


What? Did I say TEN??? Oh my gosh, how time flies. It is really scary to me when I think about how fast these last ten years have gone by. If the next eight go by half this fast I will be in bad shape. Let's just hope that when the day comes for miss D to go out on her own, I better have some really strong medication on the bed-stand. Or I know I am really going to be in-for-it.
So, in these awesome last ten years I have learned so much from my little one. I have learned that I could always use more patience, that I shouldn't sweat the small stuff, that Joe and I are succeeding in our roles as parents, that we have been blessed with a kind, well-rounded, sharp, caring, humble, funny, bright, sweet and respectful little girl. And we could have never asked for more. She is truly the light of our lives, and we look at her with such pride and admiration that it is truly amazing. Our hard work and dedication is paying off, and we are seeing the results right in front of our eyes. But we can't begin to take all of the credit for it, because SHE has chosen to be the outstanding young lady that she is. Thank you Danielle, for giving your daddy and I such a great gift. YOU.
We love you!!!

1 Comment:

Lynsey said...

WOW! I can't believe she's 10 already!!!! Tell her I said Happy (belated) birthday! We love her!!!