Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Veterans Day.....


Yesterday was veterans day, and it is a tradition at Danielle's school to have an assembly to honor those who have served our great country. My mom and I got ready and drove to the school to attend this service. Little did I know that the songs the children sang,..(Proud to be an American, My country ti's of thee..etc), and the slide show followed by music would bring us to tears. I think alot of it was that there were veterans standing all around us and there were children who attend school there that actually have parents that are currently serving our country in Iraq. As we speak! It just really brought it home for me. For US, I should say. Anyway, it was an awesome assembly, the kids worked really hard to make it special, and they succeeded! Thanks for the hard work guys!!! And thanks to all the men and women who have served and are currently serving our country!!

1 Comment:

Lynsey said...

Happy Belated Vets Day! What a great post, isn't it great when the kids take part and REALLY learn the true meaning of something?