Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Who gets these?????


Welcome to Idaho. Or shall I say I-DEE-HO. How about getting a licence plate with a baked potato and a pat of butter??

Come on people, who gets these things?? This is really the dumbest licence plate I have ever seen. And I have actually seen it on a couple of cars on the freeway lately.... I just can't picture someone sitting at the DMV office and saying..."Oooooohhhhhh, just LOOK at that adorable licence plate with the baked potato and that scrumptious pat of butter.....I HAVE to have it...". Who in their right mind would pay $40.00 extra a year for this dumb plate?? I tried to talk Joe into getting it just so that I could crack up laughing every time I saw him pull up with that ridiculous image on his "manly" truck. He didn't think it was funny. I considered putting it on mine, but I wouldn't be able to see it, and everyone else would, and I think I may die of embarrassment.

I really can only think of two scenario's where someone might seriously want this particular plate on their vehicle. So....

#1 You currently ARE an Idaho potato farmer, from SOUTHERN Idaho.

#2 You just moved here from a state like, for example, ......California.....and you desperately want to "fit in", and you think by putting a baked potato picture on your car, you will become "one" with us....... Oh, and FYI... this WON'T work.

2 Yorum var:

Lynsey said...

LOLOLOL, you're cracking me up today!!!

I know, everytime I tell someone I'm from Idaho, it's always..."Oh, potato country." Yeah, because THAT'S what we called it growing up...potato country. Gimme a break!
And Joe should totally get that plate. It would look awesome on his cool truck.

Kelli said...

I agree. He doesn't. :-)