Monday, December 04, 2006

My filing system


Ok, my husband will be really glad that I am addressing this subject. But, he would be more glad if I would organize my filing system, rather than blog about it. Yes, that sounds like a good idea. No, that does not sound like something I'm gonna get done any time soon, unfortunately.

I will fill you in on my current filing situation........

I have 3 junk drawers in my kitchen that are soooo full of papers, letters, bills, pictures, that they are overflowing into the cabinets beneath them. So, if you can't find something in the drawer, open the cabinet underneath and, maybe it will be there????

I have a file cabinet downstairs, and the files are currently way to full and ready to break open from all the pressure of the papers crammed in them. If you look behind these files, there are papers, pictures, letters, bills, just thrown in the file drawer and there is really no way to tell what any of that is because it is piled on top of each other, and overflowing to the drawer beneath.

"Why is it like this?" you ask. I really have NO good reason. I can come up with alot of excuses. I'm too busy, it's too much work, I hate filing, I don't care if it's in a huge pile, never to be found. Actually I kind of care. I just don't care enough to organize it. Bummer. Why can't I just "Git Er' Done???????"
All I really know is that when I "kick the bucket", which I hope will be in a really long time, I will feel REALLY bad for the person who has to find any important documents I may or may not have. I also feel bad for my husband, because when he reads this blog, his blood pressure will probably go through the roof because he thinks my filing system should have been fixed about 10 years ago. Sorry.........

0 Yorum var: