Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Howdy There,.......From Idaho

Oh my gosh. I was flipping through the channels today and I ran across a lady news anchor that was filling in for Nancy Grace on Court TV News. So, I stopped flipping and listened to her because she was talking about a case from here in the Coeurd'Alene area that I was familiar with. Anyway, I will fill you in on why this lady ticked me off......

Ok, she was talking about the witnesses in this case, the defendant, the prosecution, the families, and she was talking about their attire and their "look", I guess you could say. Anyway, she said we must have lower "standards" here in Idaho. You know, she has never been any closer to Idaho than Wyoming...(when was Wyoming close to Idaho????) and she said that she really hadn't seen our attire in person, but just couldn't get over the look of one of the main witnesses. Ok, he did look sort-of like a mountain man. You know, long hair, long beard, flannel shirt, jeans.......But I could not believe that she was totally stereo-typing all of us by him and the others involved in this case. She said that "attire" would never fly over there in New York or Boston because they are all just so much more "buttoned up". She said that she was judging them by "New York" standards. She went on to say that it probably "flies" in Idaho because if they could get a good look at the jury pool( which as you know represents the area....) she knows they would be in that same attire, "That would be my guess" was her exact quote. And actually, one of the attorney's for the prosecution told her the jurors did wear jeans most days. (although he did not seem alarmed by that...)
OK, since when are jeans so bad????? I would guess that alot of juror's across the country would wear jeans a time or two???? I don't know, I have never had the pleasure of being one yet. But, I can tell you this......when I am, I'm gonna wear jeans. Oh, and I have a really cute flannel shirt too....... :-) Go ahead, judge me. But I am sure there are some people that you would call " mountain-manish" over there in your neck of the woods also......

2 Yorum var:

Lynsey said...

It's people like that that have no clue about anything. They were born with silver spoons in their mouths and have never had to work for a dime....everything is handed right over to them.

Keep sporting that flannel shirt Kel...You're a must better person than that dipshit on the news.

Kelli said...

oh, thanks lyn. Atleast you understand me, you are still an "Idahoan" at heart!!!