Friday, September 19, 2008

Here comes the rain........


Oh my gosh, I just couldn't help myself. I am getting so tired of reading letters to the editor that are full of non-truths, I am about ready to start pulling my hair out. So, instead of making myself BALD, I decided to write a letter back......here it is....


I am writing in response to the letter from George Peterson that was published in your paper on Sept 19th. I think it is great that any citizen can write to the paper and state their opinion. But one thing that bothers me is that in some instances, the opinions are not always supported by the facts, but they are supported by information that is just not true. I realize that whoever reads these letters probably figures this out, but for those of you who didn't....here are the facts......

On the issue that Mr. Peterson brought up about Obama raising taxes on the middle class.......Obama's plan in cuts for middle income taxpayers would increase rates ONLY for persons with family incomes above 250K, or individual incomes over 200K. Not individuals making 30K to 75K like Mr. Peterson stated.

On the issue of Capital gains that Mr. Peterson brought up...NEITHER Obama OR McCain propose any change in the current exemption for home sales which taxes profits of 500K or above for a couple and 250K and above for singles. This of course applies to homeowners that have lived in their home for at least 2 of the last 5 years. His claim of Obama changing the current exemption is just false.

If you are interested in researching the facts, a great website I have found is www.factcheck.org.

Hopefully this won't really tick "Mr. Peterson" off, but I just couldn't help myself....

2 Yorum var:

Lynsey said...

I am just ready for election time to be DONE!

Kelli said...

Me too!!!!